Mavesyn Ridware Parish Council

Thursday 20th February 2020 at 7.30pm

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE MAVESYN RIDWARE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON THURSDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2020 AT 7.30PM

PRESENT

A Harrison, P Stevenson, D Harris, M Hill, M Tittley. . IN ATTENDANCE Mrs S LaPlanche – Parish Clerk.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

PC Lewis reported only 2 crimes occurred in our parish, an abandoned vehicle and damage to the play area. Cllr Hill proposed that Staffordshire Police enforce an anti-social behaviour contract to the youths involved. Cllr Harris seconded the proposal. All agreed. PC Lewis said she will enforce this action.

Mr Grimley said he was having sewage issues again, he said he had asked the Parish Council to send a letter of support to Severn Trent, this has not happened. He said he wrote to our local MP and he responded. CCllr Tittley said this parish has a combined water system, which can cause slight flooding issues in some areas. He has had contact with Severn Trent and will continue to support us.

Mr Grimley asked if the parish will be having more chicanes. CCllr Tittley said the scheme has been approved by the Parish Council and will be installed by the County Council, when funds permit. Cllr Stevenson said some residents in Sandford Close suffered flooding on their land, they reported to Severn Trent and an engineer said the pump station has been tripping on and off, this also affects School Lane and Uttoxeter Road. The Clerk said she had contacted Severn Trent to highlight the Parish Council’s concerns for these residents that have suffered from flooding or sewage problems.

She has a report number and will continue pursue them in the works required to mend the pump.

Mrs Higgins said the Best Kept Village Competition is coming up and are the Parish Council willing to support.

The Clerk confirmed that the Parish Council are donating £500 towards the scheme and are in direct contact with Karen Wakefield, the co-ordinator for this year’s entry.

She also added that the VE & VJ Day Committee had met and were looking for the Parish Council to be involved. The Chair asked the committee to contact the Clerk direct with their request of support for the councillors to consider.

1. To Receive Apologies

R Edwards, G Stockdale, K Vernon and S Barnett.

2. Declaration of Interest

None.

3. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES FROM THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Cllr Harris proposed the approval of the minutes. Cllr Hill seconded the proposal.

All agreed.

The minutes will be recorded as a true and accurate record.

4. PLANNING MATTERS

The Clerk said application 20/00049/FUH B3 Sandford Close, replacement conservatory, the councillors had no objections to the application.

5. HIGHWAY MATTERS

The Chair read out a report from Cllr R Edwards. Cllr Stevenson said work does need to be completed in the area but not at the Parish Councils expense. He suggested we apply to the Coal Authority and County Council for help, as the land surrounding belongs to them.

The Clerk reported the trees over hanging the highway verge opposite 35 Uttoxeter Road, has been reported to the County Council on 3 occasions and all came back saying that they were not an issue.

The Clerk will forward the details to CCllr Tittley for further investigation. Cllr Stevenson said he reported the broken branch off a tree on the verge near 113 Uttoxeter Road, the tree needs replacing through old age and the County said they will not do this.

He asked if the Parish Council could buy and replace. Cllr Hill said we need permission off the County to plant and inform our insurance company for liability cover.

6. OFFICE MATTERS

The Chair deferred this item for a future meeting.

7. PLAY AREA UPDATE

The Clerk said there are funds left over from the refurbishment project, these will need to be returned to the District Council, as stated in their terms and conditions. The Clerk and CCllr Tittley added that we can ask the officers to consider other projects within our Parish.

The Chair asked if the Clerk could email the officers for this request. Cllr Hill said we need to consider small projects of interest, for when the reply comes back.

8. TO CONSIDER REPORTS FROM OTHER COMMITTEES

The Chair read out a summary report from the meeting of the Village Hall Committee and Parish Council representatives on 17th February. Cllr Edwards said the two committees would like to consider a formal agreement drawn up by a Solicitor, to confirm ownership of equipment, maintenance of equipment and insurance cover and liability. Cllr Stevenson proposed that the Parish Council do not consider this option when an agreement is already in place and has been since 1979. He said this would incur costs for both committees.

The Clerk said the Parish Council operate on behalf of the residents of this Parish and the costs incurred would directly affect them if we have to Precept funds to include these costs. Cllr Hill seconded the proposal.

All agreed.

The meeting was interrupted by a request that the standing orders to be suspended as a member would like the opportunity to speak on this matter. The Chair explained she could not do this, a suspension would need to requested to the Clerk before the meeting.

The Chair deferred this item for a future meeting.

9. TO CONSIDER THE SPENDING OF CiL FUNDS

The Clerk said she had distributed the information on the aqua sacks. Cllr Hill proposed the Parish Council seek the amount of sacks required for these new areas and replacement of any old sacks before placing an order. Cllr Harris seconded the proposal. All agreed. CCllr Tittley suggested spending funds on a flood mitigation report for the Parish, this has been completed by other Parishes. The Chair said we need new dog and litter bins at the football field in School Lane and at Rake End footpaths. The Clerk will provide costings for the next meeting.

10. TO SET A DATE FOR THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP

The Chair proposed the 7th or 9th April and to be held at the Village Hall. All agreed. The Clerk will contact the secretary for availability.

11. CORRESPONDENCE (vi)

HS2 and Kings Bromley Parish Council – Invitation to meet. The Chair proposed we forward these invitations to our representative Cllr Stockdale.

12. TO NOTE THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETINGS

The next meetings will be on Thursday 19th March and 23rd April 2020 at 7.30pm.

13. FINANCE Cllr Harris proposed the approval of the accounts. Cllr Hill seconded the proposal. All agreed.

Meeting closed at 9.10pm ………………….……………………………………… Signed by the Chair. 19th March 2020